Tuesday 2 August 2016

Who ya gonna call?

I haven't been to the movies in a while so a few weekends ago, I went to Ghostbusters with my wife. I really enjoyed it. I love the originals but this one was pretty good. 

Anyway, as you all know I'm a HUGE Gretzky fan. I have a pretty solid collection. I joined a Facebook group that collects all things Gretzky. We have been sharing stories and collections and all sorts of good things. There is o e fellow who joined that has massed an unbelievable collection. He has things that were never even made available for public sale. He is a egotistical self centered asshole but he has a ton of knowledge. Well we have been showing off what each of us has. My collection is smaller but I have some way cooler items! It's interesting when we all talk and show what we have, some guys only like Oilers things, some only collect cards, posters etc. So I thought to myself, do I have a preference? I don't think so, I'll collect all teams and eras but I love the look of the Kings jerseys so maybe I prefer Kings items? Idk but they do look sharp! One of our discussions was about standees or cut outs (life size display pieces) and I have always wanted an LA Kings Coca Cola standee. Don't know why, just like the look of it. Well, I went on kijiji and found 2!!! In Wpg!!!! My good buddy said he'd pick it up for me if I wanted it. I said yuuup. He tells me today that it's in mint shape and is still in its original packaging!!!! It was not expensive at all. I can't wait to get it! That's a big item I can scratch off the want list. The next thing I'm working on are 3 posters. All Kings related. That's gonna take a little longer to get. 

Onto the jersey front. I love game worm jerseys. They look so beaten up and rough the more the merrier! Last post I had said the 14/15 WK jerseys were coming... And the did! As mentioned I know own Ivan Provorov's rookie sweater with the 15 Mem Cup patch on it!!!! Some excellent wear and repairs. I was even able to photo match the huge rip and puck marks. This is a gorgeous jersey! I was told the 15/16 jerseys would land this fall so I have my sights on a Patrick one. Fingers crossed!!!! 

Enjoy the evening folks, happy collecting!

Atrain

No comments:

Post a Comment