Thursday 12 November 2015

Back in Black!

I love AC/DC. They recently toured North America and I got to seethed for the second time. Awesome show. Anyway, it's been a couple months since my last blog and I figured it's about time to post another!

Not too much had been going on in the jersey front as far as Gretzky jerseys go, I'm content. I just finished watching a couple sweet double tagged autos go on Classic Auctions and they only went for $400 USD however, once you convert it to CDN after tax, buyers premium, shipping and other fees it's closer $800. Not that it's a bad price but it's enough. I wanted the white Liberty and it was very tempting to bid on but with baby two's arrival imminent, I thought it was best to not buy anything right now.

Of course that all changed once I seen the BWK military jerseys that were being auctioned off on Nov 11th with proceeds going to the United Way. These ones are awesome! The camouflage look and the Wheat Kings logos make it look awesome. They used wheat stocks for the yellow trim and it just pops! I wasn't going to bid on one as I had gotten one the previous season but these ones looked so cool I had to get it! Of course the wife wasn't too happy but she got into it with me and I almost ended up with two jerseys that game! I ended up selling one of my newest BWK game worn jerseys I had recently acquired and the funds from that allowed me to get the military jersey.

I ended up making another friend who collects the same as me, Game Worn Brandon Wheat Kings jerseys. He is trying to do the same thing as me, get a jersey style fork. Each year they played. So far I've been successful. I got a home and away and a third from each style dating back to the early 90's. I even got the two retro jerseys they have used. One from 06-09 and the other that started in 2012 to current. It's prob my favourite one. He and I have talked and I sold him two jerseys so far. I asked for what I paid for them and he had no issues paying that. He's a guy who gets it. I would gladly sell him some more but I don't have any more to sell because I buy to keep!

Well thanks for reading and be sure to keep the stick on the ice!

Atrain

No comments:

Post a Comment